Jelinek - Acoustical Tiles (.5 in)
ACOUSTICAL CORK WALL TILES
- Species: Cork
- Approximate Dimensions: 11 3/4" x 23 1/2" x 1/2"
- Wear Layer: N/A
- Finish Coats: 1
- Construction: Solid cork
- Warranty: 10 Years
- Carton Weight: 10 lbs
- Minimum Order: 3 cartons / 19.4 sq. ft.
- Installation: Glue installation
- Gloss Level: Matte
- Finish Type: Wax
- Coverage per Carton: 9.5 sq. ft. / 5 tiles per carton
- Ships Within: 2 - 3 weeks
Cork tiles are an all natural product produced from the renewable bark of the Cork Oak tree. Because this is a natural product, color shades will vary from tile to tile. This is a natural occurrence that enhances the beauty of the floor and therefore often one of the reasons for selecting cork flooring.
Please layout tiles (dry lay) before gluing or permanently installing to ensure that you are satisfied with the look. Installed tiles can not be returned.
Variations in color, thickness, and tile size are natural attributes of cork. These characteristics should not impede installation provided they are known and acknowledged by the installer. Our warranty covers tile defects but not installation problems. We suggest familiarity with our installation instructions.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us (Jelinek Cork Group Tel: 1-800-959-0995 Or 905-827-4666 email@example.com http://www.jelinek.com)
All Jelinek products are carefully inspected prior to shipping. Final inspection and approval is the customer's responsibility. Patterns and colors must be verified as correct before installation. Claims cannot be accepted for installation of incorrect material.
Jelinek warrants for a period of ten (10) years after shipment that its' cork floor and wall tiles are free from manufacturing defects.
THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER:
- Workmanship of installation
- Dissatisfaction, problems or damage due to improper installation
- Damage due to accident or abuse
- Dissatisfaction, problems or damage due to irregularities caused by the subfloor including, but not limited to hydrostatic pressure in the subfloor
- Dissatisfaction based upon shade or color variations in the tiles.
THE WARRANTY IS EXCLUSIVE AND IN LIEU OF ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR PURPOSE OR OTHER WARRANTY OF QUALITY, WHETHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, AND ALL OTHER LIABILITIES AND OBLIGATIONS ON THE PART OF JELINEK CORK.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY:
The buyer's sole and exclusive remedy against Jelinek Cork shall be, at the option of Jelinek Cork, replacement of the defective material or refund of the purchase price of the floor tile. In no case will Jelinek Cork be liable for labor to remove and/or reinstall its' cork floor tile and/or cork wall tiles. In no event shall Jelinek Cork be liable for direct, indirect, general, special, incidental, consequential or other damages of any kind whatsoever, regardless of the causes of such damage.
For the purpose of this Warranty, the names Jelinek Cork, Jelinek Cork Group, Jelinek Cork Limited and Dodge Cork Canada Ltd. shall be considered interchangeable and therefore the warranty is applicable to any one or all of those named.
WALL & CEILING TILE INSTALLATION
Cork tiles should be removed from their packs and spread out in the room in which they are to be installed 72 hours prior to fixing. This will allow the material to stabilize at room temperature. At this time inspect tiles to satisfy that color tones, patterns, and variances are correct for room décor. Check that wall or ceiling surfaces on which installation will take place are clean, dry, and in good condition. If concerned, contact us with questions or for further assistance. Read and understand the following instructions thoroughly before proceeding with installation.
- With a plumb line, a scale and a set square, mark the center of the surface to be covered. Two symmetrical axes will serve as a starting point.
- Mark the tiles position by checking the square in both directions from center lines of the room.
- A water based contact glue should be used. Follow the instructions on the glue container. Work can be performed in sections if desired. Spread a thin layer of glue over a section of wall or ceiling surface. Also spread glue on the back of the tiles. Be sure to allow glue to fully dry on both wall/ceiling surface and tile back before applying the first tile. Glue should be dry to the touch before tiles are pressed to surface.
- Check the position of the first tile before fixing and then press it firmly against the pre-glued surface area. Be sure to position it correctly before pressing because it will be difficult to remove if not done correctly the first time. Continue the operation with the adjoining tiles.
- For a different and more attractive finish, start laying the tiles in a row until you reach the wall corner, then start the second row at the middle of the first tile and continue on the same way for following rows. This gives you the "staggered" look.
- To cut the panels to the required size at wall or ceiling edges, proceed as shown. Cork tiles are easily cut using a sharp Stanley knife or carpet cutter.
No special maintenance is required for wall and ceiling coverings. If needed, simply wipe with a damp cloth as you would any wall or ceiling.